SESSION DATES & RATES - 2022
Session Rates & Camp Program Overview
4-H members receive a $40 discount on all sessions (except Mini Camp)
Mini Camp2 Days (Weds/Thurs)
- Mini Camp is for campers ages 7-9. Mini Camp is a once a summer event where campers stay at camp for two days and one overnight in the cabins. During Mini Camp, campers will make arts and crafts, explore nature, visit the horses at the barn, go swimming and play sports. There will also be a campfire and songs before bedtime. Arrival is at 10am on Wednesday and departure is Thursday at 7:00pm.
"Bring Your Own Horse" CampSun - Sat / One Week
- Bring-Your-Own-Horse campers need to be fully independent in horse care tasks as well as tacking and un-tacking to maintain social distancing. For ages 11-18. Horse campers will also need to supply their own hay since we will not have it in bulk as in previous years. Bring-Your-Own-Horse Camp will take place Sunday to Saturday. Arrival is staggered from 2 - 4pm on Sunday and departure is Saturday after breakfast at 9:30am.
Overnight Camp (co-ed)Sun - Sat / One Week
- Overnight Camp is for youth ages 9 through 15 and is held in seven one-week, coed sessions. Campers participate in programs, campfires, and classes such as; Archery, Swimming, Boating, Nature, Arts & Crafts, Recreation, Outpost Camping, Soccer, Field Games, Street Hockey, Nature, Outdoor Cooking, Frisbee Golf, Biking and more. Combined with new and old friends, these activities give campers many choices for a wonderful camp experience.Arrival is staggered from 2 - 4pm on Sunday and departure is Saturday after breakfast at 9:30am.
- Overnight campers have the option to sign up for Horse Activity while at camp. Horse activity is available as an add-on during registration at a cost of $125. Campers that sign up for horse activity will get 4 horseback riding lessons during their week at camp. All ages and experiences are welcome!
Sample Horse Camp Activities
- Western, Hunt Seat, Driving & Dressage Instruction
- Clinics from Professional Trainers
- Trail Riding
- Bareback Riding
- Drill Team
- Showmanship and In-hand Instruction
- Stable Management
- Horse Care
- Tack Care
- Swimming and Recreation
- And much more!
Horse Health and Condition
Horses so classified may be sent home at the discretion of the Horse Camp Director. Horses must be properly trimmed or shod. State law requires an updated rabies vaccination. We require a Coggins test for Equine Infectious Anemia and strongly recommend Strangles Immunization. Strangles was on the property five years ago and there is conflicting information about the length of time it can survive in soil. Please consult your vet.
Please check with your veterinarian before coming to camp about the advisability of immunizations for Tetanus, Equine Influenza, and Encephalomyelitis (Eastern, Western).
Arrival and Departure
- Sunday: Registration is between 2 pm and 4 pm at Upper Baldwin
- Saturday: After breakfast
What to Bring to Horse Camp
What to Bring for your Horse:
- Horse tack, tack box, halter and a lead rope
- All grooming tools - including fly spray (labeled with your name) and bathing tools
- Grain in a covered container (a garbage can, etc)
- Hay (hay bags/nets/feeders are welcomed!)
- Water buckets & feed containers - including all equipment needed to hang them up
- Manure fork, muck bucket or wheelbarrow
Note: 2 bags of shavings are provided. Additional bags of shavings can be brought from home.
What to Bring for Yourself:
Riding boots (no sneakers or wedge heels for riding), appropriate ASTM/SEI approved headgear (all forms of riding MUST wear a helmet), riding clothes, pillow, sleeping bag or four blankets & a sheet, clothing, rain gear, barn boots, swimsuit, towels, and lots of socks to ward away blisters. A bag for dirty laundry is most helpful. Also, don’t forget bug spray and sunscreen!
What to Bring
Overnight Camp Schedule
Our 2022 Session Dates
Need help or have questions? Submit a help desk ticket!
Our volunteer staff will do our best to get back to you as quick as possible. Please provide as much information as possible so we can best answer your question and provide support. Thank you for choosing #HC4-HCamp!