TEEN COUNSELOR INFORMATION
Wondering if you have what it takes to be a Teen Counselor @ 4-H camp?
Can you embrace these key traits?
- Desire and willingness to make a positive impact and be a positive role model for young campers.
- Enjoy working as part of a TEAM
- Enjoy challenges & NEW adventures
- Enthusiastic & sensor of humor
- Patient, Flexible, & Creative!
- Love of camp!
Being a Teen Counselor is a lot of fun, but is also a demanding role! Are you ready?
Leadership and Responsibility
You’ll be living and supervising campers in cabins (some who have never been away from home before). You’ll also attend to the care and well-being of each camper.
Compassion and Communication
You’ll assist Staff with activities, afternoon and evening programs, and help with tribe responsibilities- which include daily chores!
Enthusiasm and Initiative
You’ll actively participate in all recreational afternoon and evening programs. Many counselors think this is the best part!
So what’s next, now that I want to be a Teen Counselor?
Are you at least 15 years as of Jan 1st 2021?
- Log into CampSite as an existing family (if you have never been to our camp please click new family)
- Select Enrollment and add the option for Counselor Training (do not select a regular camp session)
- Complete your application which is under FORMS. First time applicants will need to upload a letter of reference.
- There is a $25 application fee and the deadline to apply is May 7th 2021.
Counselors: You must be at least 15 years old by January 1st, 2021 to apply. If you were born between September 1, 2005 and December 31, 2005 you have the choice to be a counselor or a camper. If you were born after December 31, 2005, you must be a camper to spend a week at camp. Due to state of CT regulations, we are limited in the number of 15 yr. old counselors we can accept. The counselor application will be available within the registration site, under Forms.
Teen Weekends: Every fall and winter, we hold a Teen Weekend at camp. If you’re age 14 through 17, you’ll get an email invitation before the Weekend. Everyone sleeps in Baldwin Hall (boys on the boys’ side, girls on the girls’ side!). The Weekend is full of fun activities, like walks to the pond, games, a dance, a talent show, dodgeball, football, movies, and lots of hanging out with friends. Check our Upcoming Events to see when the next Teen Weekend is scheduled!
Need help or have questions? Submit a help desk ticket!
Our volunteer staff will do our best to get back to you as quick as possible. Please provide as much information as possible so we can best answer your question and provide support. Thank you for choosing #HC4-HCamp!